1. Verify the identity of your CarpoolGE15 rider or driver. You can do this by, for example, scheduling a meet-up before the date you're due to leave for your trip home. We recommend busy public places such as restaurants, shopping malls, petrol stations, and the like.
2. Avoid sharing any personal information. The important thing is that you are all aware of your own destinations.
3. Choose a busy public place to be dropped off, for example in the city center, at a public transport station, or others. Avoid being dropped off in front of your home or in quiet places.
4. For women riders, we encourage you to carpool with other women. Avoid driving or riding solo with strangers.
5. Discuss and divide the costs of the drive, if necessary, before starting your journey in order to avoid any disputes.
6. Share driver and vehicle information with your family and close friends.
7. If possible, share your live location throughout your journey through apps like WhatsApp with family and close friends.
8. Bring an emergency bag (as advised by authorities like MKN) in case your journey takes you through areas that are at high risk for floods.
9. Discuss and be ready with next steps in case your vehicle can no longer be used in the event of floods.
10. Check and ensure your vehicle is in good shape, and get it fixed or serviced if necessary. Also be sure to check your insurance details to make sure you are covered in the event of an emergency. The safety of both drivers and riders is their own responsibility.
11. CGE15 cannot be held responsible for any damages or injuries incurred to vehicles or persons, road accidents, and any other unwanted and unwarranted incidents that occur before, during and after your carpool through this initiative.